SILVERWARE AND DISHWASHER
Christofle silverware can be washed in the dishwasher if you follow a few simple rules:
- Before the first use, wash your silverware by hand with a gentle liquid dish detergent.
- In the dishwasher, use traditional, chlorine-free powders or tablets. Do not use liquid or gel products, which often contain chlorine.
- If you use a water softening product in the dishwasher, avoid washing your silverware during the first cycle.
- Follow dishwasher instructions concerning the hardness of the water. Water with a high mineral content can be corrosive.
- Do not wash knives manufactured before 1968 in a dishwasher.
CHRISTOFLE CLEANING PRODUCTS
Christofle offers specially-formulated cleaning products that will make silverware care easy and effective.
After using each of these products, rinse in clean water and wash as usual.
- For Flatware : Flashargent
- Rapid tarnish removal liquid: Dip pieces in this highly-concentrated liquid for just a few seconds and traces of tarnish will disappear.
Do not leave flatware in Flashargent for a long time. Do not let stainless steel blades come into contact with Flashargent.
- For Daily Care: Silversmith’s Mitts or Chamois Cloth:
Treated with a Christofle polishing agent, they are simple to use. Quickly produces a beautiful shine without the mess.
- Also For Silverware: Anti-tarnish Liquid, Silversmith’s Paste and Silverware Natural Spray
PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE ANY CARE
All Christofle picture frames are varnished and do not require any special care.
Do not use Christofle or household cleaning products, which could damage the finish. A soft, dry cloth is all that is needed to remove dust from varnished products.
For items of silver and wood, do not let the cleaning products come into contact with the wood.
- Use a soft sponge and soapy water. Never use a corrosive or abrasive product.
- Never let your silverware come into contact with bleach.
- Promptly dry with a soft cloth.
MAINTENANCE OF SILVER JEWELRY
Presented here is a piece of sterling silver jewelry by Christofle. To preserve the beauty of this item, we recommend the following care: to significantly slow the occurence of tarnish, always store this piece in the anti-tarnish box provided. To easily clean away tarnish, we recommend the using Christofle care products, availaible at our e-store.
Wearing sterling silver jewelry in salt water or chlorinated water is not advised.
All Christofle jewelry is Sterling Silver (92.5%).
If you regularly wear your Christofle jewelry, or if you store it in the Anti-Tarnish Cloth Pouches (supplied with every jewelry item), the need for care will be lessened.
If light tarnishing occurs, Christofle recommends the following products:
- For jewelry with a smooth surface: The Silversmith’s Mitt or The Chamois Cloth is recommended.
- For jewelry with links or decorated surfaces: Flashargent is recommended. Do not dip clasps into Flashargent as they may become damaged.
- After use of each of these products, rinse items in clean water then dry with a soft cloth.
We encourage you to use your Christofle porcelain for every occasion that calls for it. You can enjoy your porcelain during many years keeping in mind the following maintenance recommendations:
We advise that you use a low temperature wash cycle with a powder detergent.
We suggest that you place a thin piece of paper between each plate or saucer.